Chris asked this to be posted late last night - it's on the website twitter and facebook but wasn't here:
On behalf of the Club I can only apologise to any supporters of either ourselves or Salisbury who had a wasted trip to the ground on Tuesday evening.
The decision of the referee not to play the game was totally unexpected. We had viewed the pitch first thing Tuesday morning and were satisfied that with the anticipated dry day that there would be no issues.
There was a brief downfall of rain mid morning and as a result we arranged a formal inspection of the pitch by a suitably qualified official who at 1.30 confirmed that the game could go ahead.
After 6 hours of sun and wind the pitch was in a better state and with no standing water to have had the game called off by the match official was just not a scenario we had foreseen.
As a Club we feel we had done everything correctly but quite apart from our own disappointment not least because of yet another blow to cashflow, we do fully respect the frustration and disappointment of all those that had travelled in vain.
Post by Choirboy Dave on Feb 12, 2020 21:06:51 GMT
Really hoping Storm Dennis delays it's arrival until Saturday evening. Last October when the club wanted to do a Pay What You Want Match, that got postponed. Really hoping the latest attempt on Saturday doesn't go the same way.